Sweet Soy Fish Stir-Fry with Rice
Preparation Time:25 minutes
600g white fish fillets, sliced,
1 large bunch of Chinese broccoli, trimmed and sliced,
125g baby corn, cut into halves lengthwise,
2 cups of bean sprouts,
3cm piece of peeled ginger,
2 tablespoons of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce),
1 tablespoon of water,
4 cups of steamed brown rice.
Fresh chopped coriander, to garnish if desired.
1. Prepare the Chinese broccoli. Remove the stems and trim the ends. Cut the stems lengthways. Slice the leaves into thirds
2. Peel the ginger and cut it into fine rectangular shaped pieces
3. Trim the edges of the bean sprouts
4. Trim the ends of the baby corn and slice into halves lengthways
5. Slice the fish fillets into 3 to 4cm pieces
6. Spray a wok or large fry pan with the cooking spray and warm over a high heat
7. Once the wok is hot enough, add the fish pieces. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes until brown
8. Once the fish is browned, add the ginger, the corn and the Chinese broccoli stalks. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes until the corn and the Chinese broccoli stalks begin to soften
9. Next, add the Chinese broccoli leaves and the tablespoon of water. Stir-fry for two further minutes
10. Add the bean sprouts and stir fry to toss through the other ingredients
11. Add the kecap manis and stir through to coat the fish and the vegetables.
12. Serve in 4 bowls with the steamed brown rice. Garnish with the fresh chopped coriander if desired.
If Chinese broccoli is not available, substitute with other Asian greens such as bok choy or choy sum.
Nutrition facts (per serve)
Kilojoules = 1790
Calories = 428
Protein content = 39 grams
Total fat content = 4 grams
Saturated fat content = 1 gram
Carbohydrate content = 55 grams
Sugar content = 8 grams
Dietary fibre = 6.5 grams
Sodium = 922 mg
Calcium = 204 mg
Iron = 4.6 mg
Sweet Soy Fish Stir-Fry with Rice.
You might also be interested in our Salmon with asparagus, baby peas and baby spinach with lemon flavoured brown rice recipe.