Skincare 101 for the Winter Season
Oh no the dreaded winter is coming soon! It’s time to turn the heater on and bring out the big woolly jumpers, oh the joys! Not only all that hassle but our skin, think of our poor skin. We’re facing chapped lips, extremely dry and rough skin, we have lost our glow that we built up over the hotter months and our skin starts to look tired. Oh what to do?!
Well now more than ever a well balanced diet and a good daily skin care routine is very important. Here are a few tips that can help make the transition into winter a little bit easier on your skin:
- If you are using soaps to cleanse your body STOP, change to body wash. This will help your skin from drying out as quickly. Liquid soaps are much less damaging on the skin.
- Carry your favourite lip balm with you everywhere you go and apply it as you need it. Choose a lip balm that is rich in vitamin E and that has an inbuilt SPF.
- Apply moisturiser to your skin regularly, especially after a shower as this locks in moisture from your shower to your skin.
- Exfoliation is very important in winter, it might be helpful if you are not using a daily exfoliant to go out and get one. Using an exfoliant with Lactic acid in the ingredients is very helpful in keeping your skin supple in winter. The Lactic Acid gently engulfs the dead skin cells and also improves the hydration levels of the skin.
- I know there is nothing nicer than having a hot bath in the winter however this will only dry out your skin, opt for a lukewarm bath enriched with glycerin or a herbal oil to make up for the loss in moisture.
- Use humidifiers when you are indoors.
- Facial masks containing avocado extracts and olive oil are helpful at preventing dryness in winter.
- Drink plenty of water. Although it is the last thing on everyone’s mind it is very helpful in keeping skin hydrated.
- Protect your face from the elements for example choose a heavier moisturiser for winter use.
- If you’re using a gel cleanser for the summer switch to a cream cleanser for the winter. Skin is more sensitive in the winter and cream cleansers remove makeup and debris without depleting the skin’s moisture level.
So there you have it a few helpful tips to ensure your skin remains glowing this winter. Stay warm! If you would like any further advice or tips on Skincare or anti-ageing, please contact us at ENT Wellbeing Skincare, Sydney on 1300 123 368.