Salmon and Chilli Rice Salad with Spinach and Avocado
Preparation Time:25 minutes
95 grams of chilli and lime flavoured salmon,
1 stick of celery, finely diced,
1/4 of a ripe, firm avocado, finely diced,
50g fresh baby spinach leaves,
125 grams microwave brown rice,
Freshly squeezed juice of one lemon, to taste,
Freshly ground black peppercorns, to season,
Finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley and dill, to garnish if desired,
1. Prepare the microwavable brown rice according to the instructions provided on the packet. Once cooked, allow to cool. If microwavable rice is not available, cook brown rice in a rice cooker or boil in a saucepan.
2. Remove the seed and the skin from the avocado, and dice into small cubes.
3. Wash the stick of celery and remove the ends. Finely chop the celery stick.
4. Place the spinach leaves into a colander and wash with cold water. Pat the leaves dry with paper towel.
5. Grill or fry the salmon to taste.
6. In a large bowl, combine the cooked and cooled brown rice and the salmon. Stir to combine.
7. Next, add the chopped celery and avocado and stir into the rice and salmon.
8. Add the spinach leaves and toss through to combine.
9. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice, removing any seeds.
10. Pour the desired amount of lemon juice into the salad and toss well to combine.
11. Grind the desired amount of black pepper over the salad and toss well to combine.
12. If desired, garnish the salad with fresh chopped herbs, such as parsley and dill.
Nutrition facts (per serve)
Kilojoules = 1976
Calories = 472
Protein content = 20.5 grams
Total fat content = 19.5 grams
Saturated fat content = 4.3 gram
Carbohydrate content = 50.8 grams
Sugar content = 6.9 grams
Dietary fibre = 6.1 grams
Sodium = 570 mg
Calcium = 88 mg
Iron = 0.6 mg
Salmon and Chilli Rice Salad with Spinach and Avocado.
You might also be interested in our Sweet Soy Fish Stir-Fry with Rice Recipe.