Lemon, Chicken and Noodle Stir-Fry
400g skinless chicken breast,
3 thinly sliced green onions,
300g trimmed green beans,
300g trimmed snow peas,
1 large red capsicum sliced into thin strips,
2 large lemons, juiced, 1 zested,
250g hokkien noodles,
3 teaspoons caster sugar,
3 teaspoons soy sauce, salt reduced,
1 teaspoon sesame oil,
1 teaspoon cornflour,
1/2 teaspoon white pepper,
Fresh baby basil leaves, to serve,
1. Prepare the sauce by combining the lemon juice, caster sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornflour and pepper in a glass jug. Stir until ingredients are well combined and set aside until required
2. Prepare the hokkien noodles by soaking them in a bowl of hot water, as per the instructions provided on the packet. Once separated and tender, drain the noodles and set aside until required
3. Next, prepare the chicken breasts by slicing into thin strips.
4. Spray a wok with cooking spray and bring to a high heat.
5. Add one quarter of the chicken to the wok and stir fry until the chicken is browned. Remove from the wok and drain on paper towel. Cook the remaining chicken in three separate batches
6. Once the chicken is browned, add the prepared onions, snow peas and capsicum to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Next, add 1 tablespoon of water to the wok and cover for 1-2 minutes or until the vegetables become slightly tender.
7. Once the vegetables are cooked, return the chicken to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute
8. Next, add the noodles and the sauce to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the chicken is heated through
9. Serve the stir-fry across four bowls and garnish with the baby basil leaves and the lemon zest
Nutrition facts (per serve)
Kilojoules = 1981
Calories = 473
Protein content = 35.0 grams
Total fat content = 9.3 grams
Saturated fat content = 2.2 gram
Carbohydrate content = 56.6 grams
Sugar content = 9.6 grams
Dietary fibre = 7.5 grams
Sodium = 181 mg
Calcium = 95 mg
Iron = 3.1 mg
Lemon, Chicken and Noodle Stir-Fry Recipe.
You might also be interested in our Salmon and Chilli Rice Salad with Spinach and Avocado Recipe.