What to do…
So it’s Wednesday morning, you’re panicking because you have a first date Friday night and you have woken up with a humongous spot right in the middle of your forehead. You look like a unicorn!!!
Oh what to do? In this blog I am going to tell you the fastest way to get rid of your nasty pimple.
I know your first instinct is to pop it; we have all done it at some point and will probably do it again after reading this. The satisfying feeling you get when the spot pops and leaves a splatter of sebum, dead skin cells and bacteria on your mirror. You think take that spot you’ll be gone by this evening!! However, under no circumstance are you to pop or pick at your spot. Picking a spot only prolongs its life by leaving behind discolored spots and scars. It can also cause your acne to worsen by spreading the bacteria. So fight the urge to pop the pimple!
Here are some ways to help clear your pimple quickly:
- To help reduce swelling and redness apply ice to the affected area for 10-15 minutes. Do not apply the ice directly to the skin, cover with a thin layer of gauze.
- Use a product containing Benzoyl Peroxide. Benzoyl Peroxide helps kill the bacteria that contribute to acne. It also assists in peeling away dead skin cells leaving brighter, more rejuvenated looking skin. Dermalogica have a wonderful product that I use all the time when I breakout. It’s called special clearing booster. Its active ingredient is 5% Benzoyl Peroxide which quickly dries out the pimple leaving it smaller looking. Special clearing booster contains calming botanicals that help soothe the redness and aggravation. It also helps to regulate sebum production to help control future breakouts. It is fortified with zinc sulfate, tea tree and sage which eliminate bacteria while helping to accelerate breakout clearing.
- Use a product that contains salicylic acid. Salicylic acid also kills the bacteria that contribute to acne. It is also responsible for skin cells shedding more rapidly, promoting the renewal of skin cells.
- Use a clay mask. Clay masks are great for drying out pimples and they contain ingredients that draw out impurities embedded deep inside the pores.
- Tea tree oil and manuka honey are brilliant home remedies for getting rid of a pimple overnight. They should be applied to a cleansed face. Tea Tree oil contains an antibacterial agent that kills the bacteria that causes pimples. It also works as a solvent, this means it stops oily matter from blocking the sebaceous glands and forming pimples. Manuka honey works in much the same way. It has the antibacterial agent to kill the pimple causing bacteria and it is also great for wound healing.
- Dab a small amount of lemon juice on the pimple. The harsh properties in the lemon juice will extract some of the oil and help minimize the size of the blemish. Make sure you wash it off prior to sun exposure as it could bleach your face and make it more sensitive to the sun.
- Make a honey and cinnamon mask. As discussed earlier, honey helps with the healing process of the pimple, killing the pimple causing bacteria. Cinnamon consists of essential oils that have strong antiseptic properties, it also contains antioxidants which provide protection for the skin.
- Wash your face with fresh tomato juice and if possible leave it on for an hour before washing it off. Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, these are molecules that fight against free- radicals. Applying tomato juice to your skin can help protect against skin damage on a cellular level due to their antioxidant properties. Tomatoes also have a high acid content. Applying them to acne patches will dry the spots and tighten pores that leak oil causing spots. Tomatoes can help prevent future breakouts.
So there you have it. Beat your pimples quickly and get your skin back to looking its best. I hope this helps!
For more information or to book in for your free skincare consultation please contact us at ENT Wellbeing Sydney, Phone 1300 123 368.