Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
When I don’t get enough sleep, you could put your shopping in the bags under my eyes!
We all have had them at some point and time, so here are some ways to assist with ridding your gorgeous eyes of those pesky dark circles:
- Get plenty of rest – There’s a reason why sleeping beauty looked so good. Aim for about 7-9 hours sleep a night, each person’s sleep needs differ depending on lifestyle. When a person is tired their skin appears paler and their circulation isn’t as efficient therefore dark circles will appear more prominent.
- Drink plenty of water – Water keeps your skin cells healthy and vibrant by keeping toxins out of them, thus helping rid you of your bags. Aim for 8-10 glasses of water a day. Avoid drinking too much fluid prior to bedtime.
- Eat a well balanced diet and take a multivitamin – B-vitamins, iron, Vitamin K and Vitamin E are essential for maintaining healthy skin. Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables especially green leafy veg. Try avoid foods that have a high salt content and reduce the amount of salt you put on your food. Salt can cause fluid retention and as a result skin can appear puffier.
- Place cucumbers on your eyes – Think I’m joking?! It actually works. Cucumbers are 90% water, this water hydrates the skin around your eyes flushing out the impurities that cause puffiness and dark circles. The caffeic acid reduces swelling and helps soothe the skin. The Vitamin C contains antioxidants and is helpful in the prevention of wrinkles.
- Assess your smoking habit – Not only for your health but smoking affects your blood vessels and can make the appearance of them more predominant and bluer.
- Make use of your old tea bags – Stick them in the fridge and when you get a spare minute place them on your eyes for 10-15 minutes. This may help reduce puffiness and can help diminish dark circles quickly.
- Use a good eye cream that contains Vitamin K and retinol – Research has shown that dark circles predominantly occur in people who are deficient in vitamin K. Vitamin K and Retinol are known to reduce the appearance of puffiness and discoloration.
So there you have it, a few helpful tips to reduce the unsightly dark circles. If you have any questions about the appearance of your eyes and skin, please contact me at ENT Wellbeing Skincare, Sydney – Phone 1300 123 368.