Honey Soy Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry with Rice Noodles
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
300g lean skinless chicken breast or chicken tenderloins cubed,
250g firm tofu cubed,
2 cups broccoli, cut into florets,
500g pumpkin, peeled and sliced,
1 bunch bok choy, washed and leaves separated. Chop roughly if desired,
4 large spring onions, sliced,
1/3 cup gluten-free Honey Soy stir-fry sauce (Ayam brand),
300g fresh rice noodles.
1. Spray the wok with cooking spray and bring to high heat.
2. Once at temperature, add the chicken in batches and stir-fry until golden brown and cooked through.
3. Once cooked, remove the batches of chicken, drain on paper towel and set aside; but keep the chicken warm.
4. After all batches of chicken are cooked, add the vegetables. Firstly, add the pumpkin and cook on high heat with 2 tablespoons of water; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
5. Next, add the broccoli and stir fry with the pumpkin for a further 2 minutes.
6. Then, add the onion and bok choy and stir until soft.
7. Whilst cooking the chicken and vegetables, place the noodles in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Use a fork to gently separate the noodles.
8. Once separated, place the noodles in a strainer and drain. Set aside in a bowl.
9. When the vegetables are sufficiently cooked, add the chicken back to the pan and re-heat.
10. Once the chicken is warm, add the Honey Soy sauce and stir thoroughly.
11. Next, add the tofu and stir to combine.
12. Add the noodles to the wok and toss through evenly.
Serve in a bowl garnished with fresh chopped herbs if desired.
Nutrition facts (per serve)
Kilojoules = 1413
Calories = 338
Protein content = 25.9 grams
Total fat content = 12.3 grams
Saturated fat content = 2.7 grams
Carbohydrate content = 28.4 grams
Sugar content = 8.1 grams
Dietary fibre = 4.6 grams
Sodium = 261 mg
Calcium = 294 mg
Iron = 3.5 mg
Quick and easy Honey Soy Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry with Rice Noodles.
You might also be interested in our Chickpea and vegetable korma with quinoa recipe.