Chicken Koftas with Apple and Lemon Yoghurt Dip
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
450g chicken mince,
1/2 cup uncooked couscous,
1/2 onion, very finely chopped,
2 cloves garlic, crushed,
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley,
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander,
1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander,
1 tablespoon curry powder,
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce,
Olive oil spray,
1/2 lemon, juiced,
Fresh green salad, to serve.
Apple and Lemon Yoghurt Dip
1 unpeeled green apple, grated,
1/2 cup natural yoghurt,
2 teaspoons lemon juice,
2 tablespoons chopped mint.
1. To prepare the dip, add the apple, yoghurt, lemon juice and chopped mint to a large bowl and stir well to combine. Cover and place in the fridge until required
2. Place the chicken mince into a large bowl and add the couscous, onion, garlic, chopped parsley and coriander, curry powder and sweet chilli sauce
3. Wash your hands thoroughly and then mix all ingredients thoroughly using your hands. Make sure all ingredients are evenly combined with the chicken
4. Mould the meat mixture into 8 large sausage shaped balls. Wrap each patty in cling wrap individually and place in a large container and refrigerate. This recipe works best if the meat mixture is prepared the night before and left to refrigerate over night
5. At least half an hour before the meat needs to be cooked, soak 8 wooden skewers in a large bowl of water. This stops the skewers from burning during cooking
6. Remove the skewers from the water and pat dry. Thread one patty onto each skewer.
7. Light the barbeque and pre-heat to a medium to high setting
8. Spray the barbeque with oil and add the skewers. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through.
9. Remove the skewers from the heat and transfer to a serving tray. Drizzle the fresh lemon juice over the skewers whilst warm
10. Remove the apple, lemon and yoghurt dip from the fridge
11. Serve the koftas with the salad and dip
Nutrition facts (per serve)
Kilojoules = 890
Calories = 213
Protein content = 15 grams
Total fat content = 6 grams
Saturated fat content = 1 gram
Carbohydrate content = 25 grams
Sugar content = 12 grams
Dietary fibre = 3 grams
Sodium = 130 mg
Calcium = 90 mg
Iron = 2 mg
Chicken Koftas with Apple and Lemon Yoghurt Dip Recipe.
You might also be interested in our Salmon with asparagus, baby peas and baby spinach with lemon flavoured brown rice recipe.