Chicken and Vegetable Fritters with Salad and Relish
Preparation Time:25 minutes
300g shredded, cooked, lean chicken breast,
400g can corn kernels; drained and rinsed,
1 long red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped,
2 tablespoons of fresh coriander, finely chopped,
1/3 cup of skim milk,
3/4 cup of self raising flour,
4 tablespoons of tomato relish,
4 cups of mixed fresh salad leaves, rinsed.
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and the skim milk together.
2. Once combined, gradually add the self raising flour and whisk with the egg and milk mixture, until all the flour is added and the mixture is well combined.
3. Add the shredded chicken, the diced capsicum, the rinsed and drained corn kernels, the coriander and the chilli.
4. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
5. Spray a large frying pan with the cooking spray and heat to a medium to high heat.
6. Make the fritters using 1/4 cup of the chicken, vegetable and egg mixture.
7. Form the mixture into a patty shape and add to the pre-heated pan. Cook in 4 batches of 3 fritters.
8. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and heated all the way through.
9. Drain on paper towel whilst cooking the remaining fritters.
10. Prepare the salad whilst cooking the fritters and set aside.
11. Once all the fritters have been cooked and drained on paper towel, serve onto 4 plates with the prepared salad. Serve the fritters with the tomato relish.
12. Garnish with fresh parsley and coriander leaves if desired.
Nutrition facts (per serve)
Kilojoules = 1590
Calories = 380
Protein content = 34 grams
Total fat content = 11 grams
Saturated fat content = 3 gram
Carbohydrate content = 35 grams
Sugar content = 16 grams
Dietary fibre = 5 grams
Sodium = 410 mg
Calcium = 90 mg
Iron = 3.5 mg
Chicken and Vegetable Fritters with Salad and Relish.
You might also be interested in our Grilled Chicken Breasts with Barbequed Corn, Salsa and Avocado recipe.