Tomato, Chilli and Spinach Baked Eggs
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
100g bag of fresh spinach leaves,
400g can of chopped tomatoes,
1 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes,
Freshly ground black peppercorns, to season,
Fresh, chopped green parsley, to garnish.
1. Preheat the oven to 180-200 degrees Celsius.
2. Using either a kettle or a saucepan, bring approximately 400mL water to the boil.
3. Open the bag of spinach leaves and place into a metal colander.
4. Over the sink, pour the boiling water over the spinach leaves so that the leaves have a wilted appearance.
5. Squeeze out the additional fluid from the spinach leaves over the sink at pat dry with some paper towel.
6. Evenly divide the wilted spinach leaves across four small oven-proof dishes or ramekins.
7. In a small bowl, combine the chilli flakes, can of chopped tomatoes and the ground black pepper and mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
8. Add the tomato, peppercorn and chilli mixture to the spinach leaves, dividing the mixture evenly across the four oven-proof dishes or ramekins.
9. With a metal spoon, create a small well in the centre of each dish or ramekin filled with the tomato and spinach mixture.
10. Crack the eggs and pour into the well made in the centre of each dish or ramekin.
11. Put the dishes or ramekins into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the eggs are cooked to the desired consistency.
12. Remove the dishes or ramekins from the oven and season with additional cracked black pepper. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley or other herbs to garnish.
Nutrition facts (per serve)
Kilojoules = 477
Calories = 114
Protein content = 9 grams
Total fat content = 7 grams
Saturated fat content = 2 gram
Carbohydrate content = 3 grams
Sugar content = 2 grams
Dietary fibre = 2 grams
Sodium = 430 mg
Tomato, Chilli and Spinach Baked Eggs.
You might also be interested in our Green Vegetable, Walnut, Apple and Sundried Tomato, Brown Rice Salad Recipe.