Seasoned Vegetarian Burgers on Sourdough with Tropical Salad
2 x 400g chickpeas; no added salt, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chargrilled red capsicum, diced
2 spring onions, finely chopped
3 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
2 teaspoons tahini
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lemon, juiced and zested
5 sourdough rolls, lightly toasted
1 mango, peeled and diced
1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into cubes
1 Spanish onion, finely sliced
2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
3 medium zucchini, grated
Cooking oil spray.
1. In a food processor or blender, combine the chickpeas, cumin, black pepper, spring onions, tahini, chargrilled capsicum, egg, breadcrumbs, coriander, sesame seeds, olive oil and lemon and blend for a few minutes, or until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
2. Remove the ingredients from the blender and place into a large bowl. From the mixture, shape 5 evenly sized balls. Wet hands under running water and then shape the 5 balls of mixture into patties. Wrap the patties individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour until firm. Alternatively, prepare the patties the day prior and refrigerate overnight.
3. Prepare the salad by placing the mango, cucumber, Spanish onion, tomatoes, and zucchini in a large bowl. Toss well to combine.
4. Preheat a barbeque or grill to a medium-high heat and spray with the cooking spray. Add the patties and grill for 4 minutes or so until brown. Flip and grill for 4 minutes on the other side or until brown and heated through
5. Whilst the patties are grilling, lightly toast the sourdough rolls in an oven.
6. Serve the patties on the rolls with the tropical salad.
Nutrition facts (per serve)
Kilojoules = 2238
Calories = 535
Protein content = 22.2 grams
Total fat content = 12.1 grams
Saturated fat content = 1.9 grams
Carbohydrate content = 74.9 grams
Sugar content = 15.7 grams
Dietary fibre = 17.6 grams
Sodium = 488 mg
Calcium = 117 mg
Iron = 3.4 mg
Seasoned Vegetarian Burgers on Sourdough with Tropical Salad Recipe.
You might also be interested in our Tomato, Chilli and Spinach, Baked Eggs Recipe.