Salmon with Asparagus, Baby Peas and Baby Spinach with Lemon Flavoured Brown Rice
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
415g piece of red salmon,
2 bunches fresh, trimmed asparagus,
1 cup frozen baby peas,
100g baby spinach leaves,
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest,
1 tablespoon lemon juice,
1 tablespoon olive oil,
450g packet of microwave brown rice,
Cracked black pepper.
Pinch of Sugar.
1. Trim the asparagus and slice into 2 cm pieces
2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add in the asparagus and the baby peas. Simmer with the saucepan covered until the vegetables are tender and drain thoroughly with a colander
3. Cook the brown rice in the microwave according to the instructions provided on the packet
4. Grill the salmon until well cooked. Remove the skin and bones from the fish. Flake the salmon with a fork
5. Wash the baby spinach leaves
6. In a large bowl, add the salmon, baby spinach, boiled asparagus and baby peas. Mix to combine with a fork
7. Grate the zest of the lemon. Cut the lemon in half and juice the lemon.
8. In a small bowl, add the lemon zest, lemon juice, the pinch of sugar and the olive oil. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
9. Add the lemon mixture to the cooked brown rice and stir to combine
10. Season the rice with the cracked pepper.
11. In a bowl, serve the lemon-flavoured rice with the salmon, peas, spinach and asparagus
12. Garnish with freshly chopped flat leaf parsley if desired
Serve in a bowl garnished with fresh chopped herbs if desired.
Nutrition facts (per serve)
Kilojoules = 1928
Calories = 461
Protein content = 29.6 grams
Total fat content = 19.2 grams
Saturated fat content = 4.4 grams
Carbohydrate content = 39.4 grams
Sugar content = 3.4 grams
Dietary fibre = 6.7 grams
Sodium = 117 mg
Calcium = 259 mg
Iron = 2.6 mg
Salmon with Asparagus, Baby Peas and Baby Spinach with Lemon Flavoured Brown Rice.
You might also be interested in our Honey Soy Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry with Rice Noodles Recipe.