Lentil, Pumpkin and Cauliflower Rogan Josh
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Cooking oil spray,
1 finely chopped brown onion,
600g peeled pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes,
½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets,
1 cup of rinsed red lentils,
100g of baby spinach leaves,
1 cup thawed frozen peas,
400g can chopped tomatoes with no added salt,
¼ cup rogan josh curry paste,
2 ½ cups water,
250g 90-second microwavable brown rice,
Fresh coriander or mint, to serve.
1. Spray a large saucepan with the cooking oil spray. Place on cooktop over a medium to low heat.
2. Once heated, add the chopped onions and sauté until soft. This usually takes approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add the curry paste once the onions are soft. Stir the paste through the onions.
4. Next, add the lentils, cauliflower and pumpkin to the saucepan and stir to coat the vegetables with the curry paste.
5. Cover vegetable and curry mixture with the chopped tomatoes and the 2 ½ cups of water.
6. Increase the heat and bring the mixture to the boil.
7. Once boiled, reduce the heat and stir thoroughly.
8. Cover the saucepan with a lid and allow the mixture to simmer for about 25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Stir occasionally, and add more water if required.
9. Once the vegetables are soft, stir through the baby spinach leaves and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
10. After stirring in the spinach leaves, prepare the rice according to the directions on the packet.
11. Once the rice is cooked, transfer into a bowl.
12. Warm the peas in the microwave and stir through the rice.
13. Serve curry in a bowl with the rice on the side. Garnish with mint leaves and coriander if desired.
Nutrition facts (per serve)
Kilojoules = 1940
Calories = 464
Protein content = 24.2 grams
Total fat content = 10.2 grams
Saturated fat content = 1.6 grams
Carbohydrate content = 60.2 grams
Sugar content = 1.6 grams
Dietary fibre = 18.5 grams
Sodium = 691 mg
Calcium = 191 mg
Iron = 8.6 mg
Lentil, Pumpkin and Cauliflower Rogan Josh.
You might also be interested in our Chickpea and vegetable korma with quinoa recipe.