Grilled Steak with Potato and Warm Chickpea Salad
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
4 x 125g lean beef steaks, fat trimmed
1 packet store-bought barbeque vegetables,
400g can low-salt chickpeas,
400g can diced tomatoes, no-added salt,
400g baby washed potatoes, halved,
4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander,
Cooking oil spray.
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil,
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar,
1 tablespoon curry powder.
1. Pre-heat the barbeque to a medium to high heat
2. Boil water in a saucepan and add the halved potatoes. Boil until soft.
3. Once the barbeque is heated, put the vegetables on the barbeque and spray with cooking spray. Cook, turning the vegetables regularly until slightly charred on both sides.
4. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl. Chop the barbequed vegetables into bite-sized pieces, and remove the skin from the capsicum. Add the finely chopped garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar to the bowl and toss thoroughly to combine
5. Whilst the potatoes and barbeque vegetables are cooking, add the steaks to the barbeque and grill, turning occasionally until cooked to your liking. Season with cracked black pepper, if desired, and set aside once cooked
6. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and set aside.
7. To complete the salad, heat a saucepan and add the prepared barbeque vegetables, chickpeas, diced tomatoes and curry powder. Cook stirring regularly, until well combined and cooked through.
8. Drain the potatoes once boiled, and season with cracked black pepper if desired
9. Serve the steaks, potato and warm chickpea salad across four plates
10. Rinse and chop the fresh basil leaves and sprinkle over the chickpea salad to garnish
Nutrition facts (per serve)
Kilojoules = 1826
Calories = 436
Protein content = 37.3 grams
Total fat content = 15.2 grams
Saturated fat content = 4.3 gram
Carbohydrate content = 32.2 grams
Sugar content = 9.2 grams
Dietary fibre = 10.0 grams
Sodium = 189 mg
Calcium = 97 mg
Iron = 6.1 mg
Grilled Steak with Potato and Warm Chickpea Salad Recipe.
You might also be interested in our Chicken and Vegetable Fritters with Salad and Relish Recipe.