Beat the Wrinkles Naturally
While we all wish we could look like Kim Kardashian and stay looking that way FOREVER, we can’t, people age, wrinkles and skin pigmentation happen. Now we have two options we can grow old gracefully or we can kick wrinkles to the curb and look amazing forever. While anti-wrinkle injections and Dermal fillers are growing in popularity they are not to everyone’s taste for whatever reason. The pressing question on many people’s mind is: How can we beat the aging process naturally?!
- As much as we hate it exercise will help. Society judges a person’s age by your overall appearance. If we’re carrying a few extra pounds we will not be as agile and lets face it we won’t look as good as we can. So get out and pound the pavement, it’s time to look younger!
- Keep your mind active not just your body, meet with friends, pursue a hobby of yours. Be proactive about your health, learn, read and become your own health advocate.
- Avoiding excess sun exposure is a big thing and although you think you look amazing with a tan you have to think long term, you don’t want to end up looking like a prune!!! So wear sun factor, ensure you choose a good brand that protects from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Eat a balanced healthy diet and take a multivitamin. Some vitamins can help you look younger for example vitamin C produces collagen and in turn helps fight against fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin E protects skin from UV rays and eradicates free radicals these are helpful in keeping the skin as smooth as a baby’s bottom.
- Get rid of your awful smoking habit. Although this topic needs more research and is still controversial, a growing number of studies confirm that smoking ages the skin by realising an enzyme that breaks down elastin and collagen, vital components needed to keep the skin looking young.
- Apply anti aging vitamin supplements such as vitamin E and coenzyme Q10. These will help the natural rejuvenation of the skin.
- Don’t stay up late gossiping with the girls, beauty sleep is a must!! Not getting adequate rest has been shown to increase cortisol or as some may know it as the STRESS hormone production in the body, this hormone is known to break down skin cells. Take a leaf out of sleeping beauty’s book and hit the pillow hard. Studies have shown that getting adequate sleep is a key component in the production of human growth hormone. “What has human growth hormone got to do with me looking less wrinkled” I hear you ask, well it keeps the elasticity and thickness of the skin intact therefore the skin is less likely to wrinkle.
- Stop being in denial and go get them prescription glasses. Squinting is a repetitive facial movement and overtime will cause wrinkles. Also try to wear sunglasses to prevent sun damage.
So there you have it, a few helpful hints. Best of luck I feel younger already just reading this!
Contact Amanda to find out more about skin care, cosmetic and natural procedures to beat the wrinkles naturally at ENT Wellbeing Sydney – Phone 1300 123 368.